One Day Childbirth Preparation course is for couples and presented in Rotterdam.
The course is not only for first time parents and parents giving birth in the Netherlands for the first time but for everyone who wants to prepare themselves for the upcoming birth of their child.
During the course we look at all aspects of pregnancy, labor, birth and the early days of parenthood. Also we will learn about breathing and relaxing and of course this will be practiced.
Of course it will be necessary to practice more at your home.
A lot of information will be given, so you will receive additional hand-outs.
It is a practical preparation for birth: to get all tools to cope with labor.
All stages of labor with positions, pushing techniques, postnatal period will be explained.
There is a big part for the role of the expecting partner. Their support can really make a difference during the birth of the baby.
Courses are, of course, presented in English.
So just what is childbirth preparation and why would you want to go to a childbirth education course?
Many new parents would argue that nothing can prepare you for the real experience of labor or for the change in your life when you become a mother or father.
We would agree that they are partly correct, because everyone’s experience of pregnancy, labor and parenting is unique. Often there are no definitive answers to the multitude of questions prospective parents want to ask. But, knowledge about the process of giving birth, tools to cope with the contractions and the extended role of the partner can make the birth of the baby to a very special, unique experience.
Living in Holland, away from your family and maybe your best friends, the prospect of labor and birth can be especially daunting. You are also away from the medical system that you are familiar with.
The course covers as much emotional and physical aspects of pregnancy, labor and birth and focuses on having a baby in the Netherlands as possible.
There will be enough room to answer all the questions that you might have about giving birth.
The childbirth preparation course offers:
- Information about the labor process and what follows
- Preparing for the birth of your child as a couple
- Chance to build a relationship with other mums and dads-to-be
- Small groups in a welcoming environment
- Get your questions answered
- How the health system works around childbirth in The Netherlands
- Pain relief, what are the possibilities in the Netherlands
- The role of midwives
- Place of birth
- Attitude towards contractions and pain
- Relaxation, breathing and massage exercises in the first stage of labour
- Dilatation, what happens in your body
- Use of a birth ball
- Pushing in different positions
- Instrumental assisted delivery (vacuum extraction, caesarean section)
- Breastfeeding information (limited)
- First week of motherhood
- Dutch habits and customs
Verloskundig Centrum Bergweg
3036 VJ Rotterdam
Cost : € 245,00 per person or couple
(for cliënts of Midwive Practice Bergweg we have a special offer)
Time: Saturday 10:00 - 17:00
Course Dates Rotterdam 2020
- 11 January
- 8 February
- 7 March
- 4 April
- 2 May
- 6 June
- 4 July
- 1 August
- 29 August
- 26 September
- 24 October
- 21 November
- 19 December
* All dates subject to change
You can sign up from 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Please book online using the contactform